Well, here we are…….hmmmm…….not quite sure what to say…….which is odd, considering I am known to be extremely loquacious. Maybe it feels rather intimidating – that first blog post. No point of reference…. just – BAM – here I am world!
(silence turns into awkward silence)
Here’s a start.
Hi! to those of you who know me. Hi! to those of you who do not.
I thought I would write a blog for a couple of reasons…
– A fun way to chronicle my family – the kids, the fun, the food – just life.
– Adding to the above – A venue to share pictures of the kiddos, their activities and the funny things they say, with long distance family and friends.
But then there are those reasons not to write a blog….
– There are a lot of blogs out there! It almost seems like I may be one of the last humans on this earth not blogging. But yet, here I go. (Yes, mother, I am following the herd off the cliff! – baaaa….) *That was a sheep noise, in case you were wondering. 🙂
– Am I buying into the “I’m-important-so-let-me-share-every-detail-of-my-life-with-the-world” mentality?
– As you might notice, I lead a rather wonderfully ordinary life – so what’s there to say that will be of interest?
– You will find that I am a very basic cook. If you are looking for amazing recipes, then you are on the wrong blog.
Plus, I obviously have no idea what I am doing in this blogosphere as I picked a ridiculously long blog title. I guess I missed the lesson on short and sweet.
But despite the reasons not to blog…
I will throw caution to the wind, and we will see how this goes. Depending on how much I humiliate myself in this endeavor, I may hit that little delete button and pretend this never happened.